My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana
Nightlife Buzzing Fashion Art Dance Cigarette smells Wine Laughter Turquoise Gold Scarves Sad songs Philosophy Birds Gaudy jewelry Cash Tattoos Cursing Meditation White teeth Spontaneity Dudes Piercings American apparel Sexual tension Sleep Winter iPhone Vintage items Scripted drama Languages Venice Karma Procrastination Wandering

and just not giving a fuck.

7.9.09

Recap

My first Decadence was a hit. I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of laughing, sleeping, zigzagging through huge crowds, and drinking, drinking, drinking. Bourbon was most definitely alive this time around. The weather was disappointing here and there--sweltering heat and humidity, and random drizzle--but the shots of Patron numbed most of the outside influences. Too much Patron can cause one to fall down a flight of stairs in a drunken tumble...I'm just saying. ;-) The haters rolled through the festival with their anti-gay signs and I managed to capture a picture. Sunday was our recovery day, and I found myself in a little shop called "Fifi Mahony's". I've heard of the one-of-a-kind wig and makeup shop through small talk, and discovered that one of my best friends' sister works there. It really is such a small world. One day I'll live in New orleans...I just know it.

Here are a few pictures taken on my phone. It definitely did not produce the best ones, but it's all I had on me.

1 comment: