My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana
Nightlife Buzzing Fashion Art Dance Cigarette smells Wine Laughter Turquoise Gold Scarves Sad songs Philosophy Birds Gaudy jewelry Cash Tattoos Cursing Meditation White teeth Spontaneity Dudes Piercings American apparel Sexual tension Sleep Winter iPhone Vintage items Scripted drama Languages Venice Karma Procrastination Wandering

and just not giving a fuck.

27.8.09

I had forgotten

what it was like to be a college freshman until today. First off, I was 10 minutes late for class and I'm sure they were at least 10 minutes early, if not more. Secondly, I'm sitting there with only a pen and a folded piece of paper that I carry around in my back packet, and when I look down to the next level of seats, I see the most atrociously pink, highlighted power-point slides. I'm talking super pink: each line was underlined, each slide was traced, and I'm sure there was even a hint of drawn flowers here and there. Not to mention, almost each one had their own daily planner neatly penciled in with shit like "Biology: Read chapter 3, and remind [insert stupid, sorority girl's name] to bake cupcakes for our measly philanthropic event right before we go get smashed!" Come on, really? So maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I did have to stifle my laughter. Oh how three years at the next level of education changes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment