My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana
Nightlife Buzzing Fashion Art Dance Cigarette smells Wine Laughter Turquoise Gold Scarves Sad songs Philosophy Birds Gaudy jewelry Cash Tattoos Cursing Meditation White teeth Spontaneity Dudes Piercings American apparel Sexual tension Sleep Winter iPhone Vintage items Scripted drama Languages Venice Karma Procrastination Wandering

and just not giving a fuck.

21.8.09

bitching session.


So the worst summer (hands-down) is coming to a close, and so is my allotted time to make changes, and/or decisions.  I'm not sure how things might work out in the next three months, but my fingers are crossed.  UL-Lafayette begins this monday, the 24th, and I still haven't really decided whether I should continue there, or return to Louisiana Tech.  I've talked with so many people, and I've gotten so many opinions.  I'm still not sure how I became so indecisive.  I once knew what I wanted, and exactly how I would get there.
I have trade-offs for both places:  I love Lafayette, but not the school.  I love my job there, but I wouldn't have a place to live after November.  I absolutely love Louisiana Tech, but I'm more impartial to Ruston.  I would need to find a job because I've got bills to pay, and I'm not too sure that driving to Monroe is the best choice like I thought it was two years ago.  I would be stripped of my privacy once more as I enter the barbaric world of the dorms--at least for the first quarter.  It's too late in the game for me to try and find a house/apartment and roommates.
I'm going to bite the bullet though, and choose option number two.  I'll be returning to Louisiana Tech University on September 10th to continue my combination of Spanish, art, and merchandising.  I'm going to look for a new job, and be forced to make new friends.  Just when I think my life is going smooth, I'm pushed onto an extremely bumpy road which then leads me to a plunge.  I hope it's the best choice, but I hope more that I am able to get back on my feet and to become the strong-willed person that I once was.
The final thread that I'm worried about is finding someone.  I've been single for almost two years now.  Usually I'm very bitter when it comes to the topic of love and two people wanting to be together, but lately I've been feeling lonely.  Lonely for the company of someone beyond the status of friendship.  I'm not too sure how lucky a gay guy can get in Ruston aka "The Bible-Belt of Louisiana."  Just keep me supplied with my dosage of pop culture, nightlife, and tattoos, and maybe I'll be set for the next two years, or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment